Tags: affordable wedding invitations, brocade, budget wedding invitations, calligraphy, cheap wedding invitations, curlicue, damask, floral, invitations, jaclinart, lace, vintage invitations, vintage theme, vintage wedding, wedding, wedding damask, wedding invitations, wedding+damask, weddings, zazzle
In recent posts, I’ve touched on the subject of themed weddings. Today, I’m going to take a more close-up look at one particular theme: the vintage wedding.
If you like to spend a lot of time in antique and junk stores, picking out bargains from a bygone era, then bringing that style into your wedding is worth considering.
JaclinArt has created some truly beautiful vintage wedding stationary:
Click to see more Vintage Wedding stuff.
JaclinArt even has a dedicated Vintage Store at Zazzle.
Damask (a weaving style which takes its name from the important silk trade city, Damascus), is a popular vintage sub-style. Take a look at these designs!
Browse more Damask Wedding Products here
Many vintage wedding stationary products will display fancy patterning, from calligraphy to ornate curlicues and flourishes. Some couples even employ a professional calligrapher for the wedding.
It is common to create a vintage look by using distressed paper to suggest age, with photographs being tinged with sepia, and there are countless images that can be incorporated into your designs. Classic vintage motifs include flowers, birds, butterflies, fruit and figures in old-fashioned clothing.
I have come across people who have incorporated telegrams, old postage stamps and ornate chandeliers in their vintage wedding designs, but there’s no need to impose limits on your imagination.
Once you get started you will find all sorts of ways of bringing the past into the present. Here are some more ideas:
- Arrive in style; hire a vintage car or even a horse and cart (maybe draw the line at a penny farthing)
- Source your seating from an antique furniture shop
- Choose a specific era and base your wedding dress and groom’s suit on the contemporary styles
- Make use of lace in the general decor and in the bouquet (very boho-chic)
- Follow the celebrities’ examples and book your wedding in a stately home – or even a castle!
- Model your wedding on a classic celebrity icon, for example Marilyn Monroe
- Choose old china crockery and other vintage table accessories
- Fill your bouquet with seasonal wildflowers
- Hire a folk singer or jazz band for that authentic vintage sound (perfect on a warm, quiet fall evening)
One of the best things about choosing a vintage theme is that it can suit any budget. What are you waiting for? Get planning today!
You’ll find more Wedding Inspiration here
Neil Hocking is a Torbay copywriter with clients from around the world. His work includes writing web copy, newsletters, sports journalism and advertising material. Design services are also available
www.nhwriting.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; +44 (0)1803 606092; +44 (0)7762 906818
Vintage car image released on CC 2.0 Attribution license by Dave Conner